Updated March 27, 2019
We want to deliver to you the best quality-related documents possible. To do this, we need to know you and to understand how the system you need to validate works.
Content – refers to the test, test forms, and other document parts the software generates.
Services – refers to the document writing services we offer including allowing you to generate your own documents using QualPrime Author.
System – refers to the system (equipment or utility) for which you are creating a draft validation protocol for using QualPrime Author.
What We Collect
We collect your PII in the following ways:
1. When you register for Author – when you request for an account in Author, we collect PII such as your name, company name, email address, and phone number.
2. Upon filling up the document generation forms - when creating a document in Author, you are requested to fill up a form which will ask for information about the system you are creating the document for.
3. When you purchase access to the content of a system - your payment and contact details, such as phone number and email address, will be collected through our online store.
4. When you contact us through the forms in our website – we collect information such as your name, email address, and details of the system.
5. When you give feedback – we collect information such as your name and email address which we file as reference so we can improve our service. We may also use this information to contact you.
We automatically collect the following information:
1. Usage data – we may log information when you use Author. This may include: time and date when you log in, time and date when you create a document, time and date when you download a document.
2. Tracking information – We may log your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, pages visited, requested URL, and search terms. This information will not be linked to your PII.
How we use your Personally Identifiable Information
We use your Personally Identifiable Information to:
Customize the document you are generating.
Communicate with or contact you (live chat, email, or phone inquiries).
Provide customer service.
Process your payment and prevent or detect fraud including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the Author.
Identify you so that items you purchased can be sent to you.
Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services.
Research and develop new services.
Data Retention and Deletion
We may retain certain personal data such as the name, affiliation, and contact information (phone number and email address) after your account has been deleted in our database due to inactivity for as long as necessary. This is to ensure that we can restore your account should you wish to use Author again (See Terms of Service for more information on Account Deletion due to Inactivity). However, if you request for us to delete or anonymize your personal data so that we can no longer identify you, we will do as requested, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain personal data to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Keeping your Personal Data Safe
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of individuals who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply are encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL)/ Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology.
We also implement a variety of security measures when a purchase is made, or when information is submitted or accessed to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Although we take all reasonable and appropriate measures to protect all collected Personal Data, no security system is perfect and, as such, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of QualPrime Author.
Fair Information Practices
In line with Fair Information Practices, we will notify you via email within 7 business days should a data breach occur.
We do not sell, trade, or transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties except in the following circumstances:
● With hosting partners - In order for us to properly operate our website, conduct business, and serve users, information may be shared with our partners who treat this as confidential.
● To comply with law - We may release information, when it is appropriate to, comply with the law, enforce our software policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
You have the following options to protect or limit the information collected about you:
Access and change your information - You may access your personal information by clicking your name in the navigation bar of the software. To change your information, you may make a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deleting your account - You may request that your account be deleted by sending us a request through email at email@example.com. Be aware that once an account is deleted, it cannot be recovered and all documents created with it will also be deleted. We may, however, keep data such as the name, affiliation, and contact information on file after your account has been deleted. See Data Retention and Deletion.
Do Not Track signals - Author is not configured to respond to Do Not Track signals. However, you may use publicly available third-party tools to manage the collection of information about you.
You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to our service. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to avail our service.